I've been ready to move out this year for quite a while now, the date kept being pushed further and further away until finally it was set to March 2015 much to my dismay. As we have set our overseas trip to the USA for February 2015 and we (him mainly) decided that money wise, moving in together would be best financially, after we returned.
1. DenialClearly I was incredibly upset. This couldn't be happening. I had my sights set on being out before Christmas and now my world was crumbling around me.
2. AngerHow could he do this to me!? I asked him if he would have enough money to travel and move in together this year and his said yes! He got my hopes up so high and sent them absolutely crashing to the ground.
3. BargainingWe could work this out, I have enough money for the both of us, I can cover us when we move out and still have enough to pay for the holiday expenses. (clearly this was a dumb idea)
4. DepressionLots of crying, "I'll never get out of here!" & "I'll never get to move out!" & "You're going to keep on moving the date back and back further aren't you!" (He insisted that March is the furthest away it will ever be.) I felt miserable that every time someone would ask now so when are you moving out, I would have to glumly say "Next year." (Isn't that what I said last year?)
5. AcceptanceEven though I can afford both things right now, I know that he can't. In order to have a good holiday we need more time to save towards both things. This will also give me more time to save up even more money for the eventual move. Which is now officially March 2015. The dates weren't being pushed back due to my partner not wanting to live with me, just for money reasons. And if anyone asks when am I moving out of home I can truthfully say that It's been pushed back until after we do our overseas trip. So it will be alright.
Extra: Click here to watch this cartoon Giraffe going through 5 stages of Grief as he's stuck in quicksand. ;)