- 150g of Butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 ½ cups plain flour
- Melt butter and in a medium saucepan, combine with brown sugar, golden syrup and spices.
- Pour slightly cooled mixture into a large mixing bowl, add baking soda and stir.
- Beat the egg and add to mixture. Followed by flour, one cup at a time. Mix thoroughly until it becomes a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour, before rolling out. Refrigerating overnight is best, but not necessary. It helps to make the dough easier to work with.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough. Use cute cookie cutters to make nice cookie shapes.
- Bake on a baking paper lined tray for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and decorate as desired.
Follow Me on Bloglovin' / Follow Me on Instagram