These cookies are super simple and actually are quite delicious. Also they only take like 15 minutes in total to make! That is one speedy snack creation.
You literally only need 2 ingredients, but I added a third for bonus yumminess.
Bananas & Oats. I added peanut butter, because peanut butter is delicious, and of course it would work. (it did.)
There were also some random bits and pieces in mine as a I didn't have plain oats to work with I had muesli, so there was little bits of dried apricot and sultanas in my biscuits. It's all good!
Here's what to do.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. (350 F)
Line tray with baking paper.
- Get your banana, the riper the better. I only actually had one banana, but you can use as many as you want.
- Mash that banana up, I used a fork and I forked it all over town. Mash Mash.
- This is where I added some peanut butter. More mashing.
- Now to add the oats. I added a tablespoon at a time and would mix thoroughly after every tablespoon.
- You want the mixture to be quite thick. Not crazy amount so, but thick enough so it's like a cookie dough mixture. Keep adding oats until the mixture is no longer gooey and a lot of doughy kind of.
- Then you want to tablespoon blobs onto the baking paper. Until you use up all your oatie goodness.
- Then Bake for 10 minutes! Or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, mine got a little charred on the edges but you couldn't taste it.
Once the timer is up, take them out of the oven, and enjoy! One banana made just enough for an afternoon snack for me. Plus I felt a lot healthier than if I just stuffed my face with chocolate chip cookies from the pantry which would have happened otherwise.
Enjoy! Cya x