Recently I had bought a bunch of bananas to have with my yoghurt and muesli breakfast, but I hadn't been able to eat all of the bananas before they went very ripe. Which was the perfect excuse to bake those yummy bananas into something even more delicious!
I worked this up from a simple muffin recipe, and I also added in some muesli. Mine had oats, almonds and sultanas in it, which added some extra flavour too.
- 1 + 1/4 Cup of Self Raising flour
- 1 Cup of Muesli
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Cup of Caster sugar
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- Mix the flour, muesli, baking powder & caster sugar together in one big bowl.
- Spoon mix the bananas, eggs, & milk into the dry ingredients.
- Put a big swirl of however much honey you want in there.
- Divide mixture between muffin cases
- Bake in a preheated 180 C oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are risen and golden brown!
Vegan Substitutes. You can swap the three eggs for a 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil, and the milk to a substitute made from nuts, as well as golden/maple syrup to swap for the honey to make this muffin recipe vegan. :)
Follow Me on Bloglovin' / Follow Me on Instagram