Cosmopolitan UK just posted a supposedly "relatable post", about 15 things you should know before dating a girl who blogs. Any actual blogger who has read it, has laughed and shaken their head disapprovingly. As basically nothing that is in the post is true, not even at all.
In fact it puts us bloggers in a mostly negative light. Completely unnecessary and ignorant to say the least. Anyway this post is all in fun, and all you need to know
So here's 15 Real Things You Should Know Before Dating a Girl Who Blogs.
- You'll never get to eat your food immediately ever again. I'm sorry, please be patient while I stand up and take a photo of this food at different angles. Don't touch that. You can eat that bagel and drink your coffee in just a minute...
- I'll constantly drag you to new places to review. Do you know how many boutiques, cafes and restaurants are opening up every month around here?? I hope you have a full wallet, cause we're going to be eating out every night.
- I need you to be my personal photographer. Whether it's for an entire outfit post or just a cute photo of me drinking a coffee at my favourite cafe. Please take a whole bunch and make it candid!
- You may get mentioned in a post every now and then. Maybe I'll just mention that you came with me to the new brunch spot, or maybe I'll write an entire post about you and the fact that you leave socks around the house and never pick them up. One thing is for sure, I promise not to post any sleeping photos of you to instagram. Cross my heart.
- I want you to read my new post. I don't caaare if you don't have a personal opinion on the new contour palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. Read the damn post. Does it sound crazy? I mean does it sound too crazy?
- I'll constantly be reviewing new products around the house. What on earth am I drinking? It's a teatox. Where did all of these new home fragrances come from? Why does the house smell like a box of fruit? Just trialling them out.
- I'll be on my phone a lot. A LOT. I promise to give you a lot of attention too though! But don't be mad, a huge chunk of my life is on that phone! I'm keeping in contact with my twitter friends, my insta friends, checking my google analytics, my emails, not to mention texting my regular friends. How many cats have I collected on Neko Atsume??
- We'll whinge about how much stuff we have to do and write about, then we will still sit down and watch every new episode of all the new Marvel & DC tv shows that we have access to. Then whinge that we're too tired to blog now, and have to go to bed. Or is this just me?
- Way too much of our money goes towards clothes and beauty products. Well mine all goes towards plants. But I definitely spend a lot on those things too. It's like purchasing content for your blog! It's an investment!
- Random crap will show up everywhere, "Photo Props". My poor partner has to move my random marble backdrops around the house constantly. It's on the couch, near the back door, on the dining table. What can I say, I follow the good lighting.
- We will be super excited about any blog meets, but also super nervous. Sorry that I went on and on about this blog meet, for every day since I bought the ticket. But I am so keen! I can't wait to meet everyone! Omg what am I going to wear?? What if my makeup skills aren't up to par? What if no one talks to me??
- You'll see us walk around the house in full makeup and pyjamas. The photos have been taken, and these pants are incredibly comfortable. I don't need to blog wearing skinny jeans. Who's gonna know?
- Whatever you buy us for birthdays or Christmases, better be cool. Because it will be featured in our gift haul posts. We don't want to awkward post that bae bought us some socks for our anniversary. Unless they're freaking fantastic. Like these badboys.
- You can't tell us what to write about. I'm sorry, you disagree with my strongly worded post about how disappointed I am that there's No Rey Merchandise from the new Star Wars Movie?? Ha see ya later.
- We drag you along to all the awesome and free stuff we get invited to. That's right babe free tickets to a stageshow this weekend so I can review it! Looks like dessert is on the house tonight, so I can write a rave review. Being a blogger girls partner means auto invite to anything sweet we get to do.
Haha! Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you found this at least slightly more relatable than that stupid post by Cosmo!
I'd love to know any things you think someone should know before dating you! Leave it in the comments!
Follow Me on Bloglovin' / Follow Me on Instagram